[manjaro-general] Manjaro Xfce 0.8.11 Release Candidate available

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Rob McCathie jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Nov 15 17:52:17 CET 2014

[![xfce0811rc1-clean][1]][2]I'm happy to announce the first release candidate for our 0.8.11 Xfce installation media!

It's been longer than usual since our last release so the updates and enhancements are many. The Manjaro Settings Manager has seen new features since the 0.8.10 installation media, including configurable notification settings and new modules for Kernel version management and system time & date settings. In what has ended up being good timing, Pamac, our graphical package management software for GTK-oriented DE's, is also at release candidate stage for it's new version and is included on this media. Our Menda theme has been completely overhauled and updated, supporting new toolkit releases such as GTK 3.14, and offers a more unique look than previously. LightDM is now used for login management, user switching and screen locking. Steam is now provided with multiple launchers for both system-native and compatibility library modes. Many other tweaks and enhancements have been made to our default system configuration and all the usual upstream updates are provided, including leading-edge
 Xfce 4.11 components.

**Prominent software:[![xfce0811rc1-busy][3]][4]**
Xfce 4.11
Linux kernel 3.16.7
Manjaro Settings Manager 0.4.3
MHWD 0.4.5
Pamac 2.0 RC1
GTK3 3.14.5
Qt5 5.3.2
Firefox 33.1

This installation media is based on our Testing branch. Please report any issues you may find.

[Download here][5]

[Discuss on our forums][6]

Kind regards,
Rob McCathie