[manjaro-general] Login screen upside down.

Carlos Ferreira carlosmf.pt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:06:40 CEST 2014

I have developments.
It seems that the problem is related with the proprietary Nvidia Drivers. I
followed again the setup tutorial in the Manjaro non-free nvidia wiki
article, and the login screen is now Ok, so it seems that because of not
having the other two monitors connected and still using the config for
them, causes that problem.

I hope it help others with the same problem.

On 31 August 2014 09:23, Philip Müller <philm at manjaro.org> wrote:

>  Hi, as I'm only use one Monitor for now I can't reproduce your issue.
> What you can try is to use another display manager, maybe lightdm.
>
> Am 30.08.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Carlos Ferreira:
>
> Hello!
> I'm having a weird problem. I usually use two extra monitors connected to
> my Laptop (Toshiba Satellite A660-1CJ) at VGA and HDMI ports. Due to
> limitation from the NVidia GPU, I can only use two monitors at a time.
> But my problem appear after I disconnected the two monitors and performed
> a shutdown. When I turned the PC on, the login screen appeared upside down.
> I'm still able to input the password and perform a normal login.
> I also noticed that XFCE does not fallback to a single monitor use (the
> laptop screen), but I was able to sort it out and I can live with it.
>
> Did anyone had the same problem and was able to solve it?
>
>  Carlos Ferreira

Carlos Ferreira