[manjaro-general] Sonar Gnome 2014.1 is out!
Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team
jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Jul 30 19:14:55 CEST 2014
Sonar is proud to announce Sonar GNU/Linux 2014.1!
[Sonar GNU/Linux] is an accessible operating system focused on assistive technology. It is focused on being the most accessible operating system available using Free assistive technology. The following is a list of some of the assistive technology offered through Sonar:
* uses latest Gnome technology
* a screen reader for blind and low vision people called Orca.
* a magnification program to help magnify the screen for low vision people.
* an on-screen keyboard for people who have low motor skills and have difficulty using a keyboard. (The on-screen keyboard can be used with a mouse or trackball to navigate the keyboard on the screen.
* a font for people with dyslexia.
This has been a long time coming and it is finally here! A big thanks goes out to **Kyle Brouhard** for getting this release done. He has put a lot of work into this and it shows.
This is the first release of Sonar being based on Manjaro Linux, which is built off Arch Linux. The Manjaro team has been really great to work with and has helped greatly with the transition from Ubuntu to Manjaro.
Philip Müller, the project leader of Manjaro, has made the move a fantastic experience. Without the help from Philip and his team behind Manjaro, this wouldn’t have gotten off the groud. Sonar would also like to commend the Manjaro development team for making sure they could make everything as accessible as possible.
The Manjaro community is a great example of concerns with accessibility within the Free sofware community. Everyone should follow their lead and make sure that they play their part in assuring that people can access technology once and for all. That is the goal of Sonar the people behind it making this possible.
With Sonar being based off of Manjaro this will assure:
* that Sonar will always be running the latest assistive technology
* to give our users the best experience
If you have never tried out Sonar before what are you waiting for?
Go to the [download page] and get your copy now!
* * *
[Visit Sonar GNU/Linux]
* * *
: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/sonar-2014.1-b1.png (Sonar Gnome 2014.1 is out!)
More information about the manjaro-general