[manjaro-general] 3rd Release Candidate of Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 available!
Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team
j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:17:40 CET 2014
[![manjaro-obevo-089]]I'm happy to announce our third release candidate of Manjaro Openbox Edition.
We decided to downgrade back to Xorg-Server 1.14.5 to fix some issues we had with our current xorg-stack last week. Same as our XFCE 0.8.9-RC3 is this install media based on our unstable branch. Don't be scared about this fact. We already merged those packages to testing. After final tests those packages will be moved to our stable branch. Please test this release candidate on your real hardware and report back any issues you may have.
* linux310 3.10.30
* xorg-server 1.14.5
* Updated Turbulence(See below)
* evodark & evolight wallpapers
* darknessFall theming
* Multiple desktops
* tint2 updated
* new conky (LSD) with Manjaro theming
* Manjaro green mouse hovers
* out of the box with browser support (Midori)
Turbulence started as a tool to customize various aspects of your operating system at first boot for the KDE desktop. Similar to Chakra’s kapudan, written in QT and Python, Turbulence is completely unique to Manjaro. To make our openbox editions even more userfriendly, we decided to port Turbulence also to that desktop environment.
Some of it’s features are:
* Sleak gray graphical layout
* Provides information of Manjaro to new users
* Can allow the user to easily select which Folders he wants in his home directory
* Allows users to select which theme they want for Kwin (KDE)
* Allows users to select which wallpaper they want (KDE/Openbox)
* Allows users to chose where to place your tint2 panel (Openbox)
* Can also allow people to open system settings after they’ve ran through everything else to set any last minute details
* Turbulence allows OpenBox to ship lean,(but not too lean, it's fully functional right out of the box, including network support with Midorl preinstalled.)
* And allows the user to customize their new installation from an easy to use GUI.
This version of OpenBox was built with lots of community input, so I hope you enjoy it!
* * *
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 RC3 (Openbox i686 and x86_64)]
[Discuss this release in our forum]
: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/manjaro-obevo-089.png (3rd Release Candidate of Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 available!)
More information about the manjaro-general