[manjaro-general] 2nd Release Candidate of Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 available!

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:26:28 CET 2014

[![manjaro-obevo-089][1]][2]I'm happy to announce our second release candidate of Manjaro Openbox Edition.

With this release we have updated our Openbox edition and fixed the known bugs from our last release candidate.

We focused again on thus, the graphical installer, fixed issues regarding UEFI installations, updated our partitioning engine and speeded up the installation process.

Whats new:

  * linux310 3.10.28
  * Updated Turbulence(See below)
  * evodark & evolight wallpapers
  * darknessFall theming
  * Multiple desktops
  * tint2 updated
  * new conky (LSD) with Manjaro theming
  * Manjaro green mouse hovers
  * out of the box with browser support (Midori)

Turbulence started as a tool to customize various aspects of your operating system at first boot for the KDE desktop. Similar to Chakra’s kapudan, written in QT and Python, Turbulence is completely unique to Manjaro. To make our openbox editions even more userfriendly, we decided to port Turbulence also to that desktop environment.

Some of it’s features are:

  * Sleak gray graphical layout
  * Provides information of Manjaro to new users
  * Can allow the user to easily select which Folders he wants in his home directory
  * Allows users to select which theme they want for Kwin (KDE)
  * Allows users to select which wallpaper they want (KDE/Openbox)
  * Allows users to chose where to place your tint2 panel (Openbox)
  * Can also allow people to open system settings after they’ve ran through everything else to set any last minute details
  * Turbulence allows OpenBox to ship lean,(but not too lean, it's fully functional right out of the box, including network support with Midorl preinstalled.)
  * And allows the user to customize their new installation from an easy to use GUI.

This version of OpenBox was built with lots of community input, so I hope you enjoy it!

Dan
OpenBox Maintainer

* * *

Links:
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 RC2 (Openbox i686 and x86_64)][3]
[Discuss this release in our forum][4]

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/manjaro-obevo-089-300x219.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/manjaro-obevo-089.png (2nd Release Candidate of Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 available!)
   [3]: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/0.8.9/rc2/openbox