[manjaro-general] Pamac 0.9.7-rc1 released !

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: guinux j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 17:46:25 CET 2014

[![pamac-menu][1]][2]Manjaro 0.8.9 is around the corner, so I took some time to prepare pamac for it. I got lot of good suggestions and feedback from our community. So some of these requestes got into pamac 0.9.7 we will release with our next stable release of Manjaro.

Many of you had some issues with our AUR support. Now you can simply en- or disable it in a new settings UI. Also most of you wanted to change the period pamac checks for updates. It is now adjustable by hours. Orphan packages is also a common problem. Pamac can now handle it automatically when you remove unneeded packages, you can tell pamac to also remove those orphans in one step. Last but not least we support also tarballs from AUR to be directly built and installed by simply double-click them in your file browser.

[![pamac-history][3]][4]

[![pamac-preferences][5]][6]

So we hope you find time to test this new release and [translate][7] updated strings due these changes to your native language.

kind regards

Guillaume Benoit

* * *

**What's new**

  * Enable/disable AUR support
  * Change pamac-tray refresh period
  * Remove unrequired deps (recurse option: -Rs)
  * Edit settings via pamac-manager/updater GUI
  * Add a "view history" entry in pamac-manager menu
  * Add AUR support to pamac-install script (if enabled in pamac.conf)

    sudo pacman -U http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/overlay/pamac-0.9.7rc1-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/pamac-menu.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/pamac-menu.png (Pamac 0.9.7-rc1 released !)
   [3]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/pamac-history-300x193.png