[manjaro-general] Manjaro 0.8.9 Community Previews: Cinnamon, Gnome, Netbook

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:40:58 CET 2014

The Manjaro Community Edition Maintainers are happy to announce our preview builds of Manjaro 0.8.9 Cinnamon Edition, Gnome Edition and Netbook Edition.

* * *

**Manjaro Cinnamon Edition**

[![cinnamon089pre][1]][2]**Cumali** is happy to announce his Cinnamon Edition featuring cinnamon 2.0.14, linux 3.10.26, libre office 4.1.4, firefox 26.0 and pamac 0.9.6 with AUR support.

New artworks and wallpapers will give a new look and feel to this edition.

For more information about his release, please go to our [forum][3].

[Download Manjaro Cinnamon 0.8.9pre2][4]

* * *

**Manjaro Gnome Edition**

[![gnome089pre][5]][6]**Cumali** is happy to announce his Gnome Edition featuring gnome-shell 3.10.2.1, linux 3.10.26, libre office 4.1.4, chromium-bsu, firefox 26.0, rhythmbox 3.0.1 and pamac 0.9.6 with AUR support.

New artworks and wallpapers will give a new look and feel to this edition. For more information about his release, please go to our [forum][3].

[Download Manjaro Gnome 0.8.9pre2][7]

* * *

**Manjaro Netbook Edition**

[![netbook089pre][8]][9]**Rob McCathie** is working hard on our new install medias optimized for netbooks. With a special kernel and additional packages this new build brings you Manjaro Linux on your little friend.

We support Intel Atom in 32bit and 64bit. Also a special flash version got added, so your videos will play smoothly on your netbooks. For further information and install instructions please go to our [forum][10].

_**Features**_

  * Kernel: Netbook optimised kernel (for Intel Atom only) based on Manjaro kernel package source files with kernel config based on that found in the [kernel-netbook project][11]. (A normal kernel remains installed for people on non-Atom hardware, in addition to the -netbook kernel.)
  * Desktop Environment: Lightweight Xfce implementation with the Xfwm4 window manager modified for small screen usage. (xfwm4-titleless+ with default maximized patch.)
  * Flash Video: Older Adobe Flash 10.3 is provided, configured correctly for jolt-free 360p fullscreen Flash video playback on GMA 950/3150 GPU. (This is the only solution for any kind of smooth full screen Flash video playback (even then; 360p max) on Linux on most Intel GMA based netbooks, which is still most netbooks out there.)

[Download Manjaro Netbook Edition 0.8.9pre2][12]

* * *

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cinnamon089pre-300x227.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/cinnamon089pre.png (Manjaro 0.8.9 Community Previews: Cinnamon, Gnome, Netbook)
   [3]: http://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=10042.0