[manjaro-general] Please help to get Orca better!

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 22:17:27 CET 2013

In the year 2013, we are surrounded by technology which provides near constant connectivity to the internet. We have phones in our pockets that are faster than the computers we owned 10 years ago. We have glasses and watches providing all kinds of information to us every minute. What kind of things do you do with your technology and accomplish on a daily basis? What advantages does it give you? Have you ever considered what it would be like to use this technology if you couldn't see? You would quickly find out that despite the fact that most tech has progressed by leaps and bounds, people with vision impairments are being left behind.

As a blind computer user, I know first hand what vision impaired users are missing when it comes to accessibility and computers. I wasn't born blind, but I was involved in a car accident at the age of 14 which led to the loss of my sight. Given that I live in the United States and have the advantages that come with living here, I understand what a difference technology can make in someone’s life. Without access to technology, I may not have been able to graduate from high school or university. I wouldn’t be able to do 80% of the things I do on a day to day basis if it weren’t for accessible technology. I want to give this advantage to the vision-impaired citizens of the world. You can make this a reality. Please, join me and [pledge to this campaign][1].

Thank you for your support

Jonathan Nadeau
_ Sonar Linux Lead_

   [1]: http://igg.me/at/orca