[manjaro-general] Manjaro 0.8.8rc3 finally online …

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:22:08 CET 2013

[![manjaro-xfce-088rc3][1]][2]I'm happy to announce our third public release candidate of Manjaro 0.8.8 featuring Pamac 0.9.1 (XFCE), Octopi 0.3 (optional) and Thus, our new graphical simplified installer. This release is based on our stable branch, so everybody can test this release. Our Openbox flavour has changed. More info about that [here][3].

We hope this will be the last release candidate before we release 0.8.8 final. We worked hard on thus our graphical installer to get as much bugs and issues out of the system. Currently GPT support and EFI is broken and we have to find either a way to fix it or we even have to disable it for our upcoming stable release. Pamac supports AUR from now on. Later this week we will upload our KDE edition. Also please keep up the good work on [translations][4] you do for our tools.

With help of our [58 pages Beginners Guide][5] it is easy for you get started and to be guided thru the installation process. One document you should read first!

Other features are:

  * Linux 3.10.19 LTS
  * XFCE 4.10 (with backported 4.11 applications)
  * Openbox 3.5.2

[![manjaro-box-088rc3][6]][7]

  * Thus 0.8
  * Pamac 0.9.1 (XFCE)
  * Octopi 0.3 (optional in Openbox)
  * Latest drivers (Catalyst 13.4, Nvidia 331.20)
  * LibreOffice 4.1.3 (XFCE only)
  * UpdatePack 1-10 included

Use these install medias with care - we might have still missed something … Give us some [feedback][8] and [translate][4] our tools for the upcoming final release.

kind regards

Philip Müller
_project lead_

* * *

[Download Manjaro 0.8.8rc3 (XFCE/Openbox i686 and x86_64)][9]

* * *

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/manjaro-xfce-088rc3-300x172.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/manjaro-xfce-088rc3.png (Manjaro 0.8.8rc3 finally online ...)
   [3]: http://manjaro.org/2013/11/03/manjaro-openbox-has-become-manjarobox/