[manjaro-general] Ninth Update-Pack available for Manjaro 0.8.7!
Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm
j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:24:12 CET 2013
[![system_software_update]]This is our ninht update-pack for 0.8.7 series.
We updated linux34 to 3.4.68, linux310 to 3.10.18, linux311 to 3.10.7 and added finally linux312 with 3.12.0. KDE got updated to 4.11.3. For more information see [here]. Pamac gained AUR support. More information [here].
Nvidia drivers are now at 331.20 and 304.116. If you have issues with the new nvidia driver, please try also nvidia-legacy or try to solve them as written in our [wiki]. Don't do this update yet if you use 3rd-party kernels. Still waiting for an updated Catalyst release.
**Current supported kernels:**
* Linux34 **3.4.68** - our default kernel series for Manjaro 0.8.7
* Linux38 **22.214.171.124** - stable extended support kernel maintained by Canonical
* Linux310 **3.10.18** - it gets better with each update …
* Linux311 **3.11.7** - current stable release by Linus. AMD users should check out the new power support
* Linux311 **3.12.0** - the latest and greatest. Don't use it yet …
* KDE 4.11.3
* Linux 3.4.68, 3.10.18, 3.11.7 & 3.12.0
* pamac with AUR support
* Nvidia 331.20 and 304.116
**Changes in Detail:**
* community i686: 169 new and 163 removed package(s)
* community x86_64: 169 new and 163 removed package(s)
* core i686: 28 new and 25 removed package(s)
* core x86_64: 28 new and 25 removed package(s)
* extra i686: 547 new and 521 removed package(s)
* extra x86_64: 543 new and 518 removed package(s)
* multilib x86_64: 27 new and 23 removed package(s)
Update your system as usual with pamac, octopi or pacman:
sudo pacman -Syu
Notice: You might have to wait until your mirror has synced.
Please check: [http://repo.manjaro.org]
**Talk about this Update:**
You can talk about this update-pack in our [forum].
* * *
_**Tip:** KDE 4.11 includes a reworked OpenGL 2 compositor. OpenGL 3.1 got introduced. By default OpenGL 2 with the fallback to OpenGL 1 is used. If the hardware doesn’t support OpenGL 3.1 it automatically falls back to OpenGL 2 or OpenGL 1. When running kwin_gles KDE defaults to OpenGL ES 3.0 if present otherwise OpenGL ES 2.0 is used. Catalyst Legacy seems to have issues with this change. Here is a workaround to get it working:_
kwin --replace &
_Save it as a script and place it into your **~/.config/autostart** dir. It is also possible to disable compositing till upstream fixes the bug._
: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png (Ninth Update-Pack available for Manjaro 0.8.7!)
More information about the manjaro-general