[manjaro-dev] Clementine / music player still corrupting tracks (taglib bug)

sylvain.saboua at free.fr sylvain.saboua at free.fr
Sat Aug 15 13:39:41 CEST 2020

Hello,

Despite having attempted various solutions to correct this
very annoying Clementine bug, which I suspect might affect
other audio players, I still get files corrupted and rendered
useless once in a while.

This happens randomly and is apparently imputable to a bug in
taglib which has been (is it ?) fixed in the last versions.

See :
https://github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/issues/5524

https://github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/issues/6071
https://github.com/clementine-player/Clementine/issues/6120

I notably have attempted to compile taglib separately from
the files/packages offered by the system, yet to no avail.
Developpers on github recommend requiring the distro's devs
to fix the builtin taglib that comes with the player and/or
to fix the distro taglib.

Would you let me know if Manjaro's devs are aware of this bug
and if it should be corrected ?

Thanks in advance.

Sylvain