[manjaro-dev] [Mesa] 19.3.4 - (EE) Caught signal 4 (Illegal instruction). Server aborting

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Fri Feb 14 18:29:11 CET 2020

Quoting Philip Müller (2020-02-14 09:02:12)
> Hi Dylan,
>
> seems the current 19.3.4 release creates a lot of issues and
> regressions. How can we help to debug this?
>
> https://forum.manjaro.org/t/mesa-package-causes-illegal-instruction-signal-4-error-on-xorg-startup/124238
> https://forum.manjaro.org/t/no-boot-after-update-14-feb-2020/124249
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/mesa-19-3-4-x86_64-1-crash-of-the-x11-server-on-a-box-with-am3-athlon-x4-605e-running-current-and-latest-plasma5-4175669572/
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65498
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1887623
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1887597
>
> --
> Best, Philip

Hi Philip,

Sigh, and I was thinking 19.3 was going to be a short, smooth series :)

Could you open an issue in the gitlab issue tracker
(gitlab.freedeskto.org/mesa/mesa)? We'll have a better chance of having the
right people notice there (as well as other distro maintainers).

Dylan