[manjaro-dev] Suggestions for the Manjaro

Gabriel Henrique gabrielmmoderno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:43:10 CET 2017

I come here to make some suggestions for the new release of Manjaro. These
are suggestions I found in Korora Linux and I liked it, I wanted to see
these suggestions in Manjanro, Korora is a Linux operating system
considered "Out-Of-The-Box"!

Have Inkscape which is a professional-quality vector drawing application!

​

Have PiTiVi which is a video editor for both simple editions and
professional projects.

​
Have Goodies which is an XFCE task manager!

​

Have Audacity which is a totally free editor and audio recorder with
professional features and various effects!

​
And speaking of Audacity, there's also Audacious which is an open source
audio player, a descendant of XMMS focused on low resource consumption,
high audio quality and support for a wide range of audio formats.

​

There is Liferea which is a popular RSS feed reader for Linux.

​

Has Ristretto which is a relatively lightweight image viewer!
​

​

It has Simple Scan that, as the name suggests, is a very lightweight
application that allows you to access the scanner and its tasks as fast and
simple as possible.

​

The eekboard is a virtual keyboard (aka on-screen keyboard) software
package, designed to be flexible and easy to use.

​
It has Florence which is a scalable virtual keyboard that is extensible for
X11.

​
The *Ekiga* (formely known as GnomeMeeting) is an open source *SoftPhone*,
Video Conferencing and Instant Messenger application over the Internet.

​
It has recordMyDesktop which is a desktop session recorder for GNU / Linux
and FreeBSD.

​

It has the Cure LulzBot Edition which is a Free Software program that
prepares your files for printing (converting your model to GCODE) and also
allows you to control the operation of your LulzBot 3D printer.

​
I would like that the Manjaro also presented / displayed a task bar in the
esquico lateral side besides the inferior bar that already it had, it would
facilitate much the access to some programs and resources!

​

These are just a few suggestions for Manjaro, tools that would make it more
"Out-Of-The-Box", it is up to you to incorporate them into the Majaro or
not. There are numerous tools like the Geany IDE, plus the essential CMake
utility!