[manjaro-dev] Output from trying to update my sonar mate system.

Matthew Dyer ilovecountrymusic483 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 22:26:03 CET 2017

Hi all.

This morning  I reported that I received mate desktop and mate gtk3
desktop conflicts.  Stephone asked for an output of what I received
durning the update prosses.  I pressed y when asked if I wanted to
removed the conflicting packages.  Here you go.  Perhaps someone knows
what i goong on and can track this down and get it fixed.

[matthew at sonar ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for matthew:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
  core is up to date
  extra is up to date
  community is up to date
  multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: mate-applets-gtk3 and mate-applets are in conflict. Remove
mate-applets? [y/N] y
:: mate-panel-gtk3 and mate-panel are in conflict. Remove mate-panel?
[y/N] y
:: libmateweather-gtk3 and libmateweather are in conflict. Remove
libmateweather? [y/N] y
:: mate-desktop-gtk3 and mate-desktop are in conflict. Remove
mate-desktop? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: caja: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency 'mate-desktop'
:: eom: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency 'mate-desktop'
:: mate-accountsdialog: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency
'mate-desktop'
:: mate-media: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency 'mate-desktop'
:: mate-netbook: removing mate-panel breaks dependency 'mate-panel'
:: mate-screensaver: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency 'mate-desktop'
:: mate-sensors-applet: removing mate-panel breaks dependency 'mate-panel'
:: mate-settings-daemon: removing mate-desktop breaks dependency
'mate-desktop'
[matthew at sonar ~]$
Matthew