[manjaro-dev] [Support] a short report on my own findings on the latest mate image.

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Jan 2 07:18:35 CET 2017

The script I sent earlier to sonargnulinux.com email list extracted
fatals; errors, and warnings from dmesg output.  If additional
categories of material ought to have been extracted I didn't know about
that or how to find them.  If more categories are needed I'd like to
know how to locate them.  What I sent earlier was:

dmesg|grep -i "fatal" >dmesg.fat
dmesg|grep -i "error" >dmesg.err
dmesg|grep -i "warning" >dmesg.wrn

Relevant output is in dmesg.fat; dmesg.err, and dmesg.wrn.
I tried using wc-l as a filter to erase zero length files but didn't
figure how to do that yet.
For those three files, the ones having lines of text in them it would be
useful to cat those to dmesg.out for reading.