[manjaro-dev] I'm still around

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 03:12:31 CEST 2016

hi

I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't vanished. I've been quiet
this week because I got a brand new, well new to me anyway, dell
precision m6700 workstation and I've been trying to install sonar on it.
I've had the strangest issue. It installs just fine, but when it reboots
into the installed system, right after the startup sound but before
mate's desktop icons show up, the screen goes completely black, and then
goes completely white, at which point the system seems to freeze solid.
It's got a radeon r7700m graphics card in it, which made me wonder if
maybe manjaro's hardware detection might be getting something wrong, but
if that were the case why would the flash drive work? I just installed
sonar onto a lenovo laptop that I got for my fiance's birthday, and it
has an AMD APU, which is a processor with a GPU on the same chip, and
that one is a radeon 7310 graphics card. To troubleshoot I've installed
the xf86-video-amdgpu driver into my installed system, which didn't seem
to help. I was hoping someone would be willing to look into this, not
critical by any means. My main reason for emailing in was to let
everyone know I'm still hear, but also to wonder if it's possible to put
the dist_name variable into profile.conf files, so that if people want
to build their own images by cloning the manjaro-tools-iso-profiles
repo, they don't have to edit the manjaro-tools.conf file to change the
name from manjaro to sonar. Also the dist_branding  variables as well.