[manjaro-dev] Manjaro Fringilla (16.10-rc1) released

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sun Oct 9 18:11:45 CEST 2016

Hi Community, hi Maintainers,

the development team is happy to announce our first release candidate of
Manjaro Fringilla.

It took us a little longer to publicly announce any install media yet of
this series. We published however several development builds based on
the unstable branch. These are now the first ISOs based on our stable
branch.

Not much changed since our last stable release. However following
improvements are to mention:

- we were able to fix the nasty display error of Firefox menu using our
default theming
- we prepared Calamares to be able provide a graphical interface used
for our new netinstall install media (currently in alpha state)
- we added needed security fixes in our xorg-stack
- we polished our themes and tools

Enjoy this release and report back any issue. You can download it from
here[1].

kind regards,

Philip Müller and the development team of Manjaro

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux/files/candidates/16.10-rc1/