[manjaro-dev] the synaptics touchpad driver

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:10:52 CEST 2016

hi all
Since I was asked to remove the synaptics driver, I have done so. I then
sent an email to the sonar list asking synaptics users to try the
xf86-input-libinput driver instead, since you guys say it's better than
the synaptics driver. But my users reported that their settings
disappeared, only showing basic mouse configurations like speed, pointer
size, etc and not synaptics specific settings. Would this be possible to
add to mhwd, so that it installs the proper xorg drivers and such if a
synaptics touchpad is detected? This is well over my head I wouldn't
know where to begin, but I don't want to make synaptics mice users do
without the ability to set settings. I also don't want to go against you
guys and put synaptics in anyway if you don't want it installed by
default, so I'm in a bit of a bind.
Thoughts?