[manjaro-dev] important brltty update needed, I've already got the pkgbuild and such ready

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 01:28:18 CEST 2016

hi

Thanks a lot bernhard for that tip. I've updated the pkgbuild and have
uploaded the 64 bit package. Should I also add the pkgbuild and the
supporting service and install files to the packages-extra repo, or do
you want to rely on the arch package? The only thing ours does
differently is to add that "api-parameters auth=polkit" config option to
/etc/brltty.conf, and it's already there we're just removing the
comment. It also copies the polkit rule file from
"authorization/org.brltty.policy" to /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d, and
those two lines can easily be contributed upstream, if the arch people
will take them. They can be a little ... mmm ... iffy on accepting help.
At least that's what I've noticed. I've been trying to upload a 32 bit
package but I keep running into that "main: unable to allocate memory"
error in buildpkg, even after changing the make line to "make -j1". I'm
stumped on that one.