[manjaro-dev] demo profiles?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:38:04 CEST 2016

hi all
I've been wondering this for a while, but it's recently come back to me
which I'll get to in a minute. I've had a few people and companies
refuse to let me test sonar on their computers because they think that I
will somehow install it over whatever it is they're running and they'll
lose their stuff. My assurances that I won't and that I couldn't without
it being obvious what I was trying to do fall on deaf ears. My mom is
one of those. She won't let me put my sonar flash drive into her mac and
test it, even though all I'm trying to do is see if linux works on her
particular hardware. As an aside, it works wonderfully. I've had to boot
her mac off of a flash drive when she forgets and leaves it hear long
enough for me to test it. So I was wondering how hard it would be to
create a profile set which contains the exact sonar images except the
installers, and the installer icons. I could test sonar on the computer
and hardware but there wouldn't be an option to install it. Yes, I could
always install an installer but again, it would be obvious what I'm
doing. I don't know how to do this myself, but maybe someone in the
manjaro community might know how? This could be useful not just to sonar
users but to manjaro as well if you want to test it on a friend's system
but they're worried about losing windows or OSX or whatever. In my case,
I'm having trouble getting educators who have access to extremely
expensive braille displays letting me test sonar on computers that are
connected to them because they think I'll purposely wipe off their
precious windows installs and they'll lose everything. Anyone have any
ideas? If this ever goes anywhere, I was thinking the  profile set
should be named maybe demo or demonstration and have a d appended to the
disk label when it's created so it's obvious you're running a demo copy.