[manjaro-dev] should manjaro-printer depend on more packages?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 05:01:56 CEST 2016

hi all
I've just added several additional printer packages to sonar to increase
our printer support. The strange thing is that manjaro-printer doesn't
actually install any ppd file packages, so unless the printer you're
using has ppd files included with cups, quite a few do, it won't install
itself automatically. Should manjaro-printer depend on foomatic-db-ppds,
foomatic-db-nonfree-ppds and foomatic-db-gutenprint-ppds? This would
vastly improve the amount of printers supported by manjaro, but it would
also increase the iso size by about 60 mb, so there's a trade off. I can
make the change if you guys think it's a good idea, but I won't do it
unless you guys think it is a good idea.