[manjaro-dev] boot issues after systemd and grub updates

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:40:36 CEST 2016

hi all
I'm writing in to report some issues i had after updating systemd and
grub earlier this morning. After updating, grub reported the following
error when creating new boot configs. /usr/bin/grub-probe: error while
such file or directory. After a reboot, the gui failed to start in my
sonar install on all of my computers. I was able to fix this by
downgrading grub, systemd and libsystemd packages temporarily. After
installing the updates again, grub worked again, and the gui started
again. When running sudo pacman -S grub, pacman warned me that it was
downgrading grub, so I'm assuming this problem has already been found
and fixed. I'm only mentioning it because this could cause problems for
new sonar and manjaro users. I had to boot from a sonar rescue image,
mount my root, boot and efi partitions and downgrade the packages. I'm
not complaining, just warning everyone that this could happen, assuming
it hasn't been fixed.