[manjaro-dev] issues building 32 bit espeak using buildpkg

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 03:13:21 CEST 2016

hi all
I've just pushed an update to espeak to the manjaro repositories for 64
bit. I've been trying to build the same package for 32 bit, but I'm
having some sort of problem I don't know how to fix. I use the following
command to build and sign espeak.
buildpkg -c -w -a i686 -s -p espeak.
It seems to work fine, it installs the packages for a clean chroot, but
just after this, when it's about to start the build, I get the following
error:
sudo: main: unable to allocate memory
I'm going to try a reboot just in case it's a one time glitch that can
be fixed by a reboot, but if it doesn't work my next step will be to
downgrade manjaro-tools-pkg in case that will help. Just wanted to let
everyone know I didn't forget to update the 32 bit espeak.