[manjaro-dev] sonar audio tutorials packages needed

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 23:52:12 CEST 2016

hi all
Simon idelginger, god I hope I'm not mangling that too badly, has
produced some truly amazing audio tutorials for sonar, both gnome and
mate. I'm planning to add these to the live image in a folder on the
desktop. The tricky part is that the tutorials are desktop specific, so
packages are needed. I can upload the files to the desktop settings
somewhere so that someone can create packages out of them if you guys
want. They are separated into two parts, and they are ogg vorbis files.
I've mandated that all official sonar materials, documentation, etc be
in open formats. Open document text for documentation and patent free
audio formats for tutorials such as ogg vorbis and opus. The audio files
are quite large, ranging from about 75 mb to 110 mb for the gnome
tutorial. Would anyone mind making sonar-gnome-audio and
sonar-mate-audio packages? The name can easily be changed if that won't
work, whatever seems the best name for whoever's creating the packages.
I don't mean to ask so much but I've never been very good at packaging,
at least the making of them. I can update them just fine though.