[manjaro-dev] issues with the thus installer

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:34:32 CEST 2016

hi all
I've been getting a lot of emails from new users of sonar saying that
the installer, thus, freezes directly on or just after the "keyboard
layout" selection screen. I can confirm that while it doesn't happen all
the time, it does quite often. Also, the keyboard nemonics for the back,
forward and cancel buttons no longer work. The final issue is an
accessibility one. We can no longer arrow around the list of languages
or locales. Instead, we have to press tab to move around the language
and locale lists, and simulate a left click on the one we want to use
before simulating a left click on the forward button to move on. The
keyboard layout list is accessible though and doesn't have this problem.
It's only the first two screens of the installer that has the
accessibility problem. The keyboard nemonics are missing though in all
of the controls of the installer. I hope I don't sound like I'm
complaining, I'm not. I'm just letting the list know so someone can look
at it. This is the latest version of the installer, 0.9.4.7. Should I
file an issue against thus on github? Sorry for the amount of issues but
it looks like calamares's accessibility is going to take quite a bit
longer to get fixed than I thought, so I'd like to whip thus into better
shape than it's currently in.