[manjaro-dev] a question about package versions

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:40:02 CEST 2016

hi all
I've been updating the tintin-alteraeon package in community a lot
lately. I've been wanting to change the version it uses to more closely
reflect the version it prints when it's launched, something like
2016.04.20.gitCommit, where gitCommit is the git commit ID. I don't have
a clue how to do this, but does anyone else? This last package update
was because the developer changed the version, updating it from
2016.02.11 to 2016.04.20. Bernhard, I don't mean to take over your
package, it's just that I use the pack constantly, so I'm trying to keep
it up to date. I won't be updating it nearly as often in the future,
it's just that there were some major changes and features added over the
past week. After this, updates will slow down.