[manjaro-dev] Server PTR record needs correcting

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Mon Apr 4 17:05:40 CEST 2016

On 24/03/16 17:55, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
> On 23/03/16 19:01, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
>> The current server's PTR (rDNS) record is incorrect - this is causing
>> all sorts of issues with email delivery.
>>

> Just to reiterate, email from the server is not being delivered. For
> example:
>
>> : host mx2.hotmail.com[207.46.8.167] said: 550 SC-001
>>     (BAY004-MC5F25) Unfortunately, messages from 176.9.38.148 weren't sent.
>>     Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network
>>     is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
>>     http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL
>>     FROM command)
>
> This needs to be fixed. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

Guys - it has been over a week. It's no longer the Easter weekend. Can
we move on this please? Not only is it impacting forum registration
there are people we can't email using our official email accounts.

I don't know whether emailing someone directly (Roland?) would make any
difference but whoever it is should already be subscribed to this
mailing list.

The fix is trivial:

1) log in to https://robot.your-server.de/
2) locate the server
3) set the reverse DNS entry (rDNS/PTR)

"(menu item "Server" -> click on the server -> "IPs" -> click on the
text field at right next to the desired IP address)" [1]

[1] http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/DNS-Reverse-DNS/en