[manjaro-dev] confusion over gconf settings

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 08:55:29 CET 2016

hi
Your theme sounds a lot better than what we were using. The problem is,
I don't know how to change this. Do you? If so, I can quickly change
this in our mate profiles. I just got the new mate settings package,
I'll build a test image to see if everything works.
Thanks for all your help
Kendell Clark

Bernhard Landauer wrote:
> Hi Kendell!
> I think that the keybindings were simply using the wrong key codes.
> When I use mate-control-center to change them, modifiers are being
> referred to as Mod4 instead of Super and Ctrl instead od Primary ;)
> Later tonight I will have more time and will try with the overrides
> again with those names and then also see if I can get the custom
> keybindings to work like that :)
> I can also see for the panel configuration with a properly placed
> menu. I think I know how to fix that.
> Also I am wondering if it will be a good idea to make it a little
> larger and about gtk-theming if we could use something with better
> contrast maybe?
> At the moment theming defaults to Menta and I am wondering if
> Adwaita-Manjaro-Dark with britght items on a dark panel and dark
> window title bars wouldn't be better... Could you check that?
> I'm afraid I have not idea about the default volume level, yet...
> regards
> Bernhard
>
> On 25/03/16 15:16, kendell clark wrote:
>> hi
>> Ok, I think I've gotten stuck again lol. I generated a pulseaudio-ctl
>> config file which was valid according to the manpage, but when I built
>> an image it didn't get applied. I then generated a desktop launcher that
>> would essential turn the volume up to 70 percent then exit, but the
>> image build process errored out because manjaro-live-skel already has
>> one. But why isn't the one in manjaro-live-skel being executed? Once
>> this and the volume keyboard shortcuts get sorted out I can finally
>> release the mate image.
>> Thanks
>> Kendell Clark
>>

>> kendell clark wrote:
>>> hi
>>> I don't believe it does work actually. I was just looking at that an
>>> hour ago. I don't know pulseaudio-ctl that well, but it looks like it
>>> should work. Have you had any luck with the volume keyboard shortcuts?
>>> The dconf stuff looks correct, but when I press them, the volume
>>> doesn't
>>> change.