[manjaro-dev] acpid deactive but installed by default?

Sandra Karuving lumks at ymail.com
Sat Feb 27 23:04:13 CET 2016

A good friend pointed me to this on manjaro KDE you ship the package "acpid".
but you dont load it by default

systemctl status acpid
● acpid.service - ACPI event daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/acpid.service; disabled; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:acpid(8)

*vendor preset: disabled*

in this case why is it installed? so i think this is some kind of bug and it
really should be enabled for 2 reasons (well my 2 reasons but there should be
more for other users)

1. i can use the poweron botton in my pc to poweroff the computer from the
desktop
2. it fixes a socket warning in X ...
"Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (Connection refused)"
grep WW /var/log/Xorg.0.log

i really dont wanna stress you in any way it just seems to be strange that
there is a not used package preinstalled :D