[manjaro-dev] zfs support?

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Fri Feb 26 18:57:41 CET 2016

Am 21.02.2016 um 06:13 schrieb kendell clark:
> hi
> Good enough for me. I'll turn zfs support on, but will add a note to our
> docs to only use it as non critical filesystems for now. I'll also point
> people to that archwiki page, thanks a lot for that, it's some fantastic
> documentation.
> Thanks
> Kendell clark

Hi Kendell,

please remove zfs from your install medias completely. It is against
licenses. Even distribution as binary packages seems to be against the
law. Which means we might even need to remove our binary packages
completely from our repositories. That is way Arch never distributed any
zfs packages at all. This will also prevent to use zfs as a root
filesystem. More information about it here [1].

kind regards
Philip

[1] https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2016/feb/25/zfs-and-linux/