[manjaro-dev] mhwd -> opencl, vdpau, vaapi?

Sandra Karuving lumks at ymail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:34:58 CET 2016

Am Dienstag, 23. Februar 2016, 18:39:42 CET schrieb Philip Müller:
> Hi Sandra,
>
> which driver do you install.
radeon & intel (and in future versions AMDGPU for my R9 that is right now
still on windows because fglrx is... crap :D)
> Sure I can make those a dependency so they
> get also installed. For now I went for the minimalistic approach as not
> everybody needs these additional packages for normal work.
but in this case why are we shipping libreoffice... because i think there are
more people who watch videos then there are people who use office stuff?
i dont wanna say that its something bad but full (GP-)GPU acceleration out of
the box would be awesome (and libreoffice can use openCL too)

> But yes, if more user want to have these extra packages installed by
> default we can manage that.
maybe we should ask around in the community. for vaapi and vdpau i would say
that the most users would use them because of firefox and chromium/chrome/
opera/ffmpeg who can use them to decode youtube and other sites via gpu

and thank you :)