[manjaro-dev] screen reader addon for kodi?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:37:36 CET 2016

hi all
I'm thinking about making a kodi release of sonar, for htpc's, arm
boards, and the like although manjaro doesn't yet run on arm. Would
anyone be interested in adding an addon to kodi in our community or
extra repository that contains a screen reader addon for kodi? The URL
is located hear: https://ruuk.github.io/service.xbmc.tts/. I've checked
the aur and there's no aur package to base this on, unfortunately so I'm
not at all sure how to help. Without this addon kodi isn't accessible
until it's installed. If someone packages it, you don't really need to
maintain it except maybe for changing the version number to match
kodi's, since kodi handles auto updating of addons itself.This addon
makes kodi speak by communicating with speech-dispatcher or espeak, so I
would add one of those to the depends line so it will speak. I'd say
espeak, since the user might not have orca installed if they install our
kodi sonar image. I'll be happy to help in any way I can, I don't expect
this to be done for me.

Thanks
Kendell clark