[manjaro-dev] possible bug: plymouth splash does not appear when system is booted in uefi mode

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:00:53 CET 2016

hi all
The subject line says it all. This only affects live images, not
installed systems. If the live image is booted via uefi, the plymouth
splash screen is never shown. Instead, the system resorts to a text
console, with text scrolling by. I'm not sure if this is a manjaro bug
or a grub one, because this seems to happen on other distros I've tried,
such as fedora. Although in fedora's case, the splash screen does
eventually appear, whereas manjaro does not. I'm not sure how to
troubleshoot, I'm just reporting this so someone who knows more than I
do can look into it. This affects not only sonar, but manjaro images as
well.
Thanks
Kendell clark