[manjaro-dev] Get a question for AMDGPU driver

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Tue Dec 29 10:51:52 CET 2015

Hi Ringo,

as of now we have the driver only in our repositories and not yet
supported by MHWD at all. If we check the feature page[1], you see that
only Volcanic Islands (Radeon R9 200 Serie)[2] cards are supported by
this new driver. A list of all processor units can be found here[3][4].

The best option would be to uninstall[5] the current driver and install
'amdgpu' via pacman and reboot the system. However, I've to add a
MHWDCONFIG profile first, so MHWD might detect that new driver.

Also I've to check the driver first, to see which models it supports
from the source code. The findings I may add to mhwd-db.

greez
Phil

---

[1] http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/