[manjaro-dev] any interest in high quality desktop sound schemes?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:50:59 CET 2015

hi all
I am  planning on developing a high quality desktop sound theme for
manjaro and sonar because there seems to be a lack of good quality sound
themes in either the manjaro repositories or the aur. On sites such as
gnome-look.org and xfce-look.org there are sound themes, but most of
them are either sounds from other distros or copyrighted sounds from
windows, which I don't think are redistributable. Does anyone know of a
good website for desktop sounds I can use? I've tried freesounds.org,
and while there are lots of sounds, it seems tricky to find exactly the
sound you're looking for. If I'm going to do this, I'd like to do it
right. I'd want good sounds for switching the desktop left/right, which
means the sounds would play in either the left or right speakers,
possibly panning for good effects, good clicking sounds for buttons
being pressed and released, that kind of thing. I don't want anyone to
do the work for me I can do most of it, all I need is a good repository
of sounds I can pick from.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Kendell clark