[manjaro-dev] build fail for openbox

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Oct 10 12:23:35 CEST 2015

Am 10.10.2015 um 12:18 schrieb rahul bhola:
> for buildiso i am using kernel 318 and for my host
> Linux manjaro 4.1.9-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 30 06:08:28 UTC 2015
> i686 GNU/Linux.
>
> So from what i understand i need to reboot my host before building it
> right?​

Hmm, then you might have found a bug. 'linux318' doesn't support
'overlayfs' at all. Please print the output of 'buildiso' with '-qv'
switch. Your should not have displayed:

  -> mount system: overlayfs

Instead there should be listed

  -> mount system: aufs

Please edit your manjaro-tools.conf from

# experimental; use overlayfs instead of aufs
# requires minimum 4.0 kernel on the build host and on iso in profile.conf
use_overlayfs="true"

use_overlayfs="false"

and open an issue at our bug-tracker that somehow on 'linux41' host and
using 'linux318' target you still get 'overlayfs' suggested.

https://github.com/manjaro/manjaro-tools/issues