[manjaro-dev] Manjaro XFCE 15.12 Alpha2 online

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Fri Sep 18 21:48:35 CEST 2015

We are close to our final release 15.09. We already pushed out our third
release candidate of Manjaro 15.09 featuring Thus as our graphical
installer. Calamares 1.1.3 you will find also within this release.

However, our focus will be more and more on the new big thing: Calamares.

We will reach our second version of Calamares in early fall 2015. The
Calamares team worked hard to approach this. One big change is now: you
can re-use each module in several instances by using different
configurations. We now use kpmcore library for the partitioning tool.
Some effort will result in luks support for encrypting your
installations. Also more and more distro-specific modules got added.

With this release we have focused our efforts, bringing more attention
to Calamares. Therefor we used Calamares 2.0-Alpha2, which got released
earlier today. It might still have some issues and caveats hidden. So be
aware of that fact. However, the install media is tested and installable
in Virtualbox. Please feel free to test it also on real hardware on non
productive systems. For any feedback or bugreport we are thankful.

We hope you enjoy this release.

---

https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/15.12/xfce-minimal/15.12-dev/