[manjaro-dev] A question with manjaro-tools ISO build related

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Fri Aug 14 14:04:34 CEST 2015

Hi List,

Own purpose usage I doed a GNOME based Manjaro live with containing
built in accessibility support for screen reader, based my hungarian
Ubuntu base a11y distribution customizations. This custom live
environment easying me the testing latest GNOME releases for screen
reader support.
Everithing is working right with I customized in my custom iso profile,
but I have a question with manjaro-tools ISO generation related:
How can possible doing with manjaro-tools a default non english locale
ISO? I would like with my ISO the default locale will be the hu_HU.UTF-8
locale and would like using default the hu key table.
I putted in my custom ISO profile the overlay directories the proper
/etc/locale.gen, /etc/vconsole.conf and /etc/locale.conf files, putted
the isolinux-overlay directory the lang file with containing the hu
language code and add the isolinux-overlay directory the isolinux.cfg
file the proper language related parameters in append lines after the
showopts parameter:
lang=hu_HU keytable=hu layout=hu timezone=Europe/Budapest

When I booting the live ISO, the default locale is english, and the
/proc/cmdline shows two lang and keytable parameters. First lang and
keytable parameter containing english locale related values, second lang
and keytable parameters containing my hungarian locale and keyboard
layout related values.
The /etc/locale.conf file is overwritten in the running live system, in
memory the /etc/locale.conf file containing LANG=en_US environment value.

What can I forgot before ISO generation?
I readed the full manjaro-tools documentation, but I not found a solution.

Attila