[manjaro-dev] Removing syncfirst option configuration in pamac

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Aug 1 09:58:43 CEST 2015

Hi Guillaume,

when we remove sync-first, which is currently used by 'manjaro-system',
we will loose the option to patch or call cmds on updates we need.
Therefor the use has to interact more. I also know that this options
sometimes doesn't work with 'pamac'. 'sync-first' was also dropped by
Archlinux a long time ago.

'manjaro-system' is all in all a script with 'hacks'. Do we have a
better way to deal with those 'issues'. So far I see, they are not so
often needed as in the past.

kind regards
Philip