[manjaro-dev] Fwd: I'm Filipe Marques and I develop a GUI tool to Manjaro

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Nov 15 08:55:42 CET 2014

Betreff: 	I'm Filipe Marques and I develop a GUI tool to Manjaro
Datum: 	Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:49:18 +0000
Von: 	Filipe Marques <eagle.software3 at gmail.com>
An: 	philm at manjaro.org

Hi!

My name is Filipe Marques, I wish to ask you to please spare me a few
minutes to read this letter and consider its contents.

I use Manjaro GNU/Linux for some time and I am really enjoying the
simplicity, ease of use and being user friendly.
I also like the philosophy of rolling release model, to be 100%
compatible and based on ArchLinux and management software packages
pacman and yaourt.

The Manjaro GNU/Linux is not my first time on the use of GNU/Linux
distros. I started by using Ubuntu in 2011 and then used Linux Mint
Debian Edition, Debian, openSUSE, the latter, I stilluse.
I was tired to reinstall Ubuntu versions to have a system and updated
packages and even using Linux Mint Debian Edition with semi-rolling
release model does not convince me.
It seemed unfair not to try other GNU/Linux distributions such as Arch
Linux, so I researched and found Manjaro GNU/Linux and I downloaded the
official version of Xfce and I love this version.
When I was installing, I was reading the user guide and noticed that the
part of the program using the GNU Coreutils sha1sum to verify hashes,
there is no GUI program for this purpose, and a user using the first
time a GNU/Linux distribution and also the command line is bit scary!

As I am a developer and also a web developer, I made a GUI wrapper for
GNU Coreutils sha1sum to make the operation of comparing hashes of isos
and txt files easier.
The program is called Check Hash and the project is licensed under the
GNU GPL v. 3 and is on the website:
http://filipe-marques.github.io/check-hash/
and the program was developed with the principle (KISS).

So, I ask you to test this program and accept it inofficial versions of
Manjaro GNU/Linux, as well as in the user guide.
In this project you only need to edit in the source code, the folder
path to start looking for the text file.

I want the Manjaro GNU/Linux pass the beta phase and be released.

I live in Portugal and I am unemployed, I am a computer technician and
anything you need in terms of programming or web development contact me.
I have knowledge of C++, PHP and Python 3 programming.
I also have websites:
https://portfolio-filipe.appspot.com
https://www.github.com/filipe-marques/
https://launchpad.net/~pmsw <https://launchpad.net/%7Epmsw>