[manjaro-dev] mplayer dts track playback problem with old processor

Robert Jonik klesk at manjaro.org
Sun Nov 9 22:55:12 CET 2014

Hi,

I experienced some playback problems with the latest mplayer and
older revisions. When the movie file has a dts track mplayer stops
with:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 4 in module: demux_open

Not very much, so I checked out the latest SVN (37324) and compiled it
with debugging code enabled.  But with the self compiled version it
works like a charm.

The only reason I can imagine for this occasion, is my old processor,
an Athlon XP with no SSE2 flag (reason for most of my problems).
I tested the dts playback with mplayer 37224 from extra, with some
people with newer CPU Models (it isn't hard to find them) and they
aren't able to reproduce this problem.

With kind regards

Robert Jonik