[manjaro-dev] Negen on irc have troubles on the downgrade

ringo de kroon ringodekroon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 20:32:45 CET 2014

Negen has seems trouble on the downgrade  and he has an intel 4600

this is a bit of chatlog but he had to reinstall the system because xorg
1.14 didnt work for him. Seems to be..
there should someting also an fix for that ?

<Negen> nope
<Negen> xorg was not the issue
<Negen> mesa was
<qwebirc68596> would i just upload this from within terminal>
<Negen> mesa was borked before
<Negen> so i used git mesa and and git video-intel
<Negen> then things fixed
<Negen> but mesa git is not freinds with xorg1.14
* Military has quit (Quit: Leaving)
<ringo32> what kind a intel chipset you have ?
<Negen> not sure the exact chipset but cpu is 4700 and video card is 4600
<Negen> 4700MQ
<Negen> it is a 9 series chipset
<Negen> 917 or something
<ringo32> ah so an newer type of chipset..
<Negen> 4th gen haswell
<Negen> two things that cause problems for manajro qwebirc68596 vbox and
amd drivers or dual intel/nvidia drivers
<Negen> that is three things my bad
<Negen> ringo32, the manufacture date of my laptop is nov 2013
<Negen> there were not any newer chipsets being sold at the time just
more powerfull
<Negen> brodwell was not being sold yet
<Negen> yes
<Negen> that is correct ringo32
<Negen> there is a dependacy error
<Negen> that is causing me to be stuck on 1.14
<Negen> 1.14 depends on 1.14
<Negen> so upgrading back to 1.15 is impossible

http://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=10912.0;topicseen