[manjaro-dev] Adding new user & MDM problem

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Fri Jan 3 11:05:30 CET 2014

Open a terminal and do:

cat /etc/passwd | grep bernadetta
bernadetta:x:1001:100::/home/bernadetta:/bin/bash

... so you might get some users there.

Then open MDM and update your config /etc/mdm/custom.conf:

MinimalUID=1000
IncludeAll=true

I did it on a fresh 0.8.8.0.909 live session:

cat /etc/passwd | grep testuser
testuser:x:1001:100::/home/testuser:/bin/bash

See the screenshot. Nothing to set up. I also attached the default
custom.conf.

kind regards

Phil