[manjaro-dev] [thus] 0.8.8.0.906

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Dec 14 19:21:44 CET 2013

Hi guys,

I'm glad that we are  working so hard on thus. I want to introduce Ramon
Buldo who is working with me on thus now. For 0.8.8.0.906 we just need 5
revisions, which is good. We support now GPT, LUKS, LVM and UEFI
properly. Ramon is fixing thus regarding UEFI since he has a MAC for
testing it. All fixes will land also in Cnchi, the graphical installer
of Antergos. We are working close with upstream so everybody has the
benefits from our changes.

Changes since 0.8.8:

  * code cleanup and restructure
  * added home dir to automatic mode
  * fixed resizing in language slide
  * fixed parted issues in advanced mode
  * added a logging message when an unknown exception is thrown in
    installation_process
  * added encfs for home-dir encryption: pam_encfs is needed
  * fixed GUID partition table creation in advanced
  * luks and lvm in automatic mode is now enabled
  * removed backported chroot code from live-installer (old python2 code)
  * modified grub installation
  * some strings got updated

I'll provide a new testbuild soon. For now you can test the latest thus
development release with:

sudo pacman -U
http://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarodev/files/users/philm/thus/thus-0.8.8.0.906-2-any.pkg.tar.xz

Your feedback and your translations