[manjaro-dev] Fwd: [Manjaro Linux Support] pamac-tray does not appear to respect IgnorePkg (/etc/pacman.conf)

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Tue Nov 26 00:19:01 CET 2013

Guillaume, can you check?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Manjaro Linux Support] pamac-tray does not appear to respect
IgnorePkg (/etc/pacman.conf)
Date: 	Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:47:46 +0000
From: 	Kevin <kevin at amtshirts.com>
To: 	support at manjaro.org

From: Kevin <kevin at amtshirts.com>
Subject: pamac-tray does not appear to respect IgnorePkg (/etc/pacman.conf)

Message Body:
Hello,

I was just writing to let you know that on the couple of Manjaro installations I run, pamac-tray is telling me I have packages to update which are blocked by the IgnorePkg setting in /etc/pacman.conf.

I haven't looked at the code so I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, or if it is already implemented and just not working as you expect (I haven't messed with it), but this has the effect that if you use IgnorePkg, it is functionally useless, since it always thinks you have an update.

Cheers,

--
This mail is sent via contact form on Manjaro Linux http://manjaro.org