[manjaro-dev] [0.8.8] Release Candidate 3

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sun Nov 17 14:26:13 CET 2013

As you guys might already have found out. Cnchi/Thus isn't able to
handle GPT properly yet.
So I disabled GPT for now in advanced mode:

http://git.manjaro.org/core/thus/commit/b00c7debdf8aa7b190a25fd7ad113cae4736bfc9

You can still test those staging options by starting thus with the -s
switch. Also you will find
a lot more options I hide for stability now. We can install Manjaro on
GPT but there is an extra
way needed thru gparted. It goes like this:

1) open gparted
2) create a GUID Partition Table
3) create a 2 MB unformatted primary partition and flag it grub_bios
4) create an ext4 partition for root as you like it
5) create an ext4 partition for home as you like it
6) create a swap partition as you like it (mostly minimum size of your RAM)
7) apply those changes
8) the 2 MB partition you just leave it as it is in Thus advanced mode
9) just select your mount points and format your root partition
10) go on with your installation as usual ...

@Carl: You might create a Workaround for it now in our wiki until it is
properly solved ...