[manjaro-dev] [0.8.8] Release Candidate 3

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 17:12:39 CET 2013

One thing I will quickly mention - xfwm4's new vsync function does not
provide tear-free display for me whether on nouveau or nvidia.

IMO we should have compton as accessible and easy to setup for people as
possible.
We could include a OnlyShowIn=XFCE;  .desktop file to be placed in
/etc/xdg/autostart/ as part of the compton package in Manjaro repos,
starting it with the GLX backend. That way users just need to install it
and turn off compositing in Xfce then log out and back in.

I'm perfectly happy to maintain the compton package with such functionality
if desired.