[manjaro-dev] Possible black screen reason when booting live-cd / USB data stick

Carl Duff cdrw2400 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 21:26:24 CET 2013

Hi All,

As you are aware, I booted into a black screen when attempting to boot the
0.8.8 ISO on my new UEFI compaq (pentium).

I believe this thread explains the reason (i.e. it's not UEFI):

The key may be this: "I overcame this problem by adding
acpi_backlight=vendor to the kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst." (may be
etc/default/grub for us)

Phil, can you point me in the right direction to try this out (i.e. update
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=)? Won't push any changes.

Carl