[manjaro-dev] DPMS

Carl Duff cdrw2400 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 22:52:12 CET 2013

That's the beauty of it; the commands are not permanent. They are only
executed for the session. I implemented this by adding them to the Openbox
autostart file. I think you might be able to put them in the xfce autostart.

To switch it back on the command is: *xset +dpms. *To put the screensaver
back in it's: *xset s on.* it is also possible to set the duration for the
system to wait before blanking the screen, etc. However, nothing XFCE's own
power manager couldn't handle.

Arch has a good wiki article:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_Power_Management_Signaling

Will add all this to the wiki (already on the forum). Recovering after my
panic SLiM article (SLiM now auto-detects installed desktops).