[manjaro-dev] DPMS

Carl Duff cdrw2400 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 22:25:20 CET 2013

Hi Phil,

Users have been reporting that their screen automatically blank after
10mins, and that their systems will suspend after about an hour where idle.
This is despite mucking around with desktop power managers. I have tracked
the problem to DPMS (Display Power Management Settings), which is
automatically enabled by default.

For Openbox, I have disabled DPMS. The command so disable DPMS and disable
screen blanking is:* xset -dpms; xset s off*

Up to you if DPMS should also be disabled on XFCE, etc.

Carl